Saturday, April 7, 2012

Overnight

I got Jimmy's meds together and Addy gave them to Jimmy around 11:00. Addy called me around 12:30 to let me know that he was nauseous and that she will be calling the nurse. She called and they wanted her to do a suppository- she had never done that before. She called me back and asked me to go down and help her. I go down and Jimmy is on the side of bed- he's very distraught. He began throwing up- Addy was right there with the bucket for him. He also wanted to wait on the nurse for the suppository. When she got there he asked if it could go in stoma. Yes, it can... both Addy and I were glad for that. So, we watched the nurse administer this suppository- she pushed her finger's length into the stoma to assure it was placed well. He felt relief pretty quickly. (of course, NEVER QUICK ENOUGH) He was ready to lie down. I got up on the bed and Addy got his feet- I heisted under his arms and Addy at the same time pulled his feet up and around. She got him covered and turned the fan on for him. I hurt his under arms. He is so weak and delicate - I HATE hurting him anymore than he already hurts. We have a blanket under him to move him so we don't have to touch him... but he was in an odd position and we couldn't use that. :( I need to give Addy so many props for helping in the care of Jimmy. She could've ran- she didn't HAVE to stay and deal with all of this. She is a very special person- I know we have not always been on the best of terms, but she has changed and TOTALLY stepped up to the plate here- what a wonderful soul she has. Ilove you Addy!! Thank you so much!
I came out this morning and there was a note on the counter that she had given Jimmy another suppository at 7:30. It's almost ten and the nurse should be calling soon - then we have our 10am meds to give. I have normally waited until 10 to go into the hospital room (waited in waiting room for hours mostly) because I know how tough it was getting rest in there with all of the nights I spent- it was terrible. So, I will continue that here as well. It's almost time for me to go check things out- I hope he has a good day!!