Sunday, January 6, 2013

This morning I was cleaning Jimmy's bathroom and when I got the cleaner out of his cupboard, I saw all of his toiletries. His body wash, shampoo, Q-tips, etc. All of the lotions that I used on his feet- it rushed so many memories back. Jimmy LOVED when I rubbed his feet. One day when I walked into his hospital room, he looked at me and asked "Have you rubbed my feet lately?" It was funny- we laughed about it for weeks. He kept saying- I can't believe I said that- that was rude. Never the less- he got another foot rub!!
That boy went through so much pain- so much anguish- I could never even begin to imagine what it feels like to know that you are facing what he had to face. One day he asked me "How did Rick do this?" I told him that it was because Rick was as strong as he (Jimmy) was. I really miss that boy- I still don't know why he had to be the one to go... there are soooo many others that need to go from this Earth. All of the assholes that rape and murder- ones that attack the babies and the elderly- ones who steal food from our starving children's mouths... why Jimmy, why MY BOY?! Jimmy would have turned 28 next Sunday. We are having our family dinner with some friends as well to celebrate a wonderful life/soul! It will be complete with pictures, stories, memories and of course a cake from Oregon Dairy. I can just keep holding on to the fact that Jimmy is around us every where- he is another angel in my corner! Love you boy...