Monday, September 24, 2012

Wounds

I want to ask a favor of all of you out there....
Please think about how others, mainly family, will feel about what you post to Jimmy's FB page. I allowed it to remain so that others could use it as a healing tool. Please just take time to think about how you would feel being on this side of his passing. I know that many people have been affected by Jimmy's passing, but none to the magnitude of Father, Mother, Sister, Brother, etc. I would never claim to miss Rick more than his Daughter, Sister, Brothers... that would be just silly of me. They have spent a lifetime with him, as we have with Jimmy. I would hurt these people tremendously having claimed such things. But, I do stay in touch with all of the said above, most of whom I see weekly- it helps to keep Rick's memory alive in a positive and friendly manner so that we may continue helping one another heal.
This is what I desire for Jimmy's memory- he would not want people to be ripped apart, or made to feel badly. So, again, please use his site for healing and sharing, not a contest to see who misses him more or who has the best memories, because EACH memory will be the best one when reflected in the eyes of whom it was made with.
Just remember how much Jimmy "loved" drama, and maybe that will help in deciding what to post and what to share privately with whomever said memory involved.
Please allow his family who remains on FB the privilege to see Jimmy's memory honored in a positive and friendly light.
Wounds are still fresh for everyone- let us allow them the proper healing.
Thank you for understanding.