Sunday, April 21, 2013

a year...

I had people worried about me on Friday. It was Jimmy's one year -... I don't really think that the day matters- I missed him as much as I always do. I wake up and he is the first thing on my mind, I listen to see if I can hear the TV on in his room, I lie there for a moment and think of him and all that has happened, and then I am off to work. His picture is in my car, along with a note he wrote to me- so of course, I think of him on the way to work. I get to GSV and a large picture of him is hanging on my wall watching over me as I work, as well as a smaller one above my computer with Rick.
But, I think I miss him MOST when we have family gatherings (he was always the comedian), and when I am walking through a store and find a HILARIOUS shirt that I KNOW he would love to rock, I also miss it when I think of a funny joke that only Jimmy would 'get'!!
I REALLY miss the 'just because' calls that he would give me- when he would see something that reminded him of a funny thing that happened- or to tell me of a funny joke someone told him - I also miss the calls for advice... they were the BEST... because that made me aware of how much he desired my approval and valued my opinion- I would BEAM with those calls!!!

Thank you all that gave me calls and texts on Friday- I truly love each and every one of you!