Sunday, April 21, 2013

bake sale

The bake sale was a success- our first annual! There will be many more and I am very excited to continue the giving and caring. We were able to raise $1107.50 with the help of many people- I want to thank... in no particular order, my all day cashier, (and wonderful friend) Clare- my all day grill masters, my son David and best friend Patrick - my table organizer and salesman,(and longtime friend) Gary- my good friend Amy and her posse for the baked goods- my good friend Bev (Brent's mom) for helping us set up, baking some yum yum cupcakes, and providing hot chocolate for our cold bodies- My daughter Krista (baked many cakes), her best friend Kelsey who baked LOTS of cookies & Shelley (daughter) for being moral support and selling our goods to people who weren't even there- they (her and her boyfriend, Doug) made calls, took orders, and delivered the baked goods- my longtime friend Pam for supplying us with warm coats, gloves, and scarves. AND last, but definitely NOT least- all of the support of people shopping!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart and the soul of my son, Jimmy!! We will be cutting a check for $1107.50 to the family of Roger Weaver to help pay some of the bills that continue piling up even in these times. This donation will be from what I fondly call the 'Jimmy Faus Foundation'!!  I will try to get some pictures posted soon.