Thursday, November 22, 2012

another holiday....

I sit and think... what am I going to make for Thanksgiving dinner this year. I don't know WHY I would even need to think... it has been the same for years, old family favorites, always!! I would have to save some boiled potatoes from the pot before mashing because that's the way Jimmy liked them. He always felt like it was special treatment-to me it was juust a mom making her kids happy- BUT I will take the "special treatment feeling", that just made it sweeter for me. Jimmy also loved brown butter noodles instead of broth noodles... his brother and I were the ones that always wanted the broth noodles!! So I would make both. Such memories.... I do smile most times, even though there may be tears in the eyes, when I remember so many things. Happy Thanksgiving Boy!! - and to all of you wonderful people that read this post- Happy Thanksgiving, may God bless each and every one of you with good health and happiness.
~Marie

Clare,
Yes, Bartman... I have just about EVERY picture drawn by that boy! My plan was to post one a day.. but that didn't happen yet. I will continue trying.

Cheryl,
Thank you, I LOVE THAT PICTURE... I was going to post that along with the post, but I didn't. That was a VERY SPECIAL night for me- everything he was going through and he thought of Mah!!  Now, he didn't give too much thought to what it would do to my old ticker... haha