Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The first snow...

Oh my goodness- I woke up and saw the first snow of the season and felt so alive, so happy inside, smiling with my whole body, I guess one would say. It brought back so many memories of the kids. I would work night shift, never knowing what time I would be getting home. When the first snow would hit- I would go home and wake the kids... get them to a window and have them see the snow. I don't know what it is about snow, it seems to have a clean slate feel, like you can start over again, like there is something good coming. I don't know, maybe I am alone in my thinking, but I KNOW that Jimmy loved the snow as much as I did. Back to the story, sorry, the kids would get bundled up and we would go out into the first fallen snow- we made snow angels, fresh snow snowman, snowballs, forts... this would all happen sometimes at 1-2am. The kids always talked about "the time when we" and I LOVE hearing it. I wonder how Jimmy is enjoying his first snow?! I see him and Rick having a snowball battle; each hiding behind their own handmade forts!! Makes me smile just thinking about it.