Monday, December 12, 2011

Been too long

Ok sorry I haven't written in a while! This past visit to the hospital I thought was going to just be a quick in and out deal. I went in on Thursday the first of December I believe and ended up staying another 8 days. Yes I had to have the ng tube back in for some of that time, but this time it went much much smoother! The nurses there are all really great, I was able to instruct them (and I use that term loosely) on the way that's most comfortable for me to have the tube placed. During my stay I had a lot of great company which made the week go by fast, however in the back of my head I was discouraged thinking about how in the past 4 weeks I was only home for a total of less than 48 hours. Then this past Friday the 9th I had mentioned to the doctor who was rounding that I had company coming in from Massachusetts, and I thought that it'd be really nice if I could be at home to visit with them rather than in the hospital. She started to work her magic and we got the nod to go home that very same day, I was elated!! Then all of the sudden we hit a pretty decent sized snag.... The one shot that I had to take three times a day was going to end up costing like $650 a day plus the cost of buying needles, yikes! So she said hang on I'll talk with Kat over in the office to see what she can find. And this miracle worker/ angel or whatever this woman is found it, the shot, for free!! Wow! What an amazing group of doctors and office workers they have at LCC!! So now with this new news all that was left was to wait on horizon (who showed up early again) and then a visiting nurse to hook me up! This process did end up taking way too long because of the lock level on my pump because it's a narcotic they have to be really careful. Which is good to take precautions, but at the same time, LET'S GO, I WANT TO GO HOME NOW!! So we got everything squared away at the hospital, picked up any and all scripts that we needed, unpacked my hospital room into bags and we were outta there!! This time I felt much more confident with the drug regimen that I was on in the hospital and I'm not taking 15 pills a day anymore because we switched all that we could to liquid. I feel that my body can much more easily accept them this way and I have passed the 48 hour mark yesterday at 5:30pm, so I am stoked about that! If I continue how I'm doing right now there should be no reason for long hospital stays. Chemo sometimes worries me at home, it can really beat me up sometimes. This past time however, I was the one kicking its ass. I was up and walking whilst taking the chemo intravenously, that felt really nice. And I was able to avoid anything cold in my mouth or on my hands, so the side effects were much less severe than in some other cases. So I guess I'll hope for the ladder with this next round of chemo at home and put myself in the drivers seat so that I'm healthy enough to be at the benefit auction come Saturday!! And.... This round of chemo should set me up to be feeling pretty well for Christmas too!! We are going out today to get a tree and decorate it, I am F'ing pumped, mom and Pat decorated the outside of the house all day yesterday and it looks fantastic!! Again thanks to all who read and keep up and pray and help me through all of this!! I will have another blog up directly about my visit with friends from other places.