Friday, February 3, 2012

Chemo continues

It was VERY hard for me to walk out the door this morning without touching or seeing Jimmy. Not knowing what to expect with his first double header... UGH!! I know that he is well taken care of when Addy is there with him, but it still kills me to leave and not know how he is doing. Addy does great at keeping me updated as well... that helps to ease my struggles a bit.
This round of chemo has REALLY knocked him for a loop- he slept all day long (I was in touch with the people here with him.. Brent, a good friend of his and Shelley is baby sister) and hadn't eaten or drank anything- which is par for the course- but still sucks. Soooo I thought I would be coming home to a very very very worn out Jimmy. Now, don't get me wrong... he is VERY worn down and very weak.... I came through the door from work and went straight to him... surprisingly he was sitting at edge of bed-(holy crap number one) I didn't expect to be able to see his eyes let alone hold a conversation (holy crap number two) with him!!!! I asked if he was hungry, expecting to hear "not really"... instead he said "kinda" (holy crap number three). He said that he would eat some soup and maybe a grilled cheese. :) :) :) I unhooked him from the saline drip that VNA had hooked up 4 hours earlier, helped him to the bathroom..... then up the stairs to start supper. EEEEeeeeeeeee.... that's my excitement.... YAYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyy.... I don't think my feet even touched the steps as I ran to get started on his supper!!! haaaa... this old lady can move when she wants to!! LOL
I made us each a grilled cheese and a cup of soup- took it down with some of his meds. I sat with him and we had supper. That was nice - I REALLY enjoyed that!! It's crazy, a little thing such as watching him eat a friggin grilled cheese and half a cup of soup can make me happy.
After we finished our meal, I got his thumb (bleeds because dry and cracking) bandaged up. then on to his feet. His heels are dry and cracking too- they hurt him. I put some medicine on each foot with a bandage as well. Then I put a warming pad in each sock, because the neuropathy seems to get to his feet more than anything else. He is now tucked in for awhile.
I will have to go bother him one more time this evening to give him 2 shots and he has to take his oral meds. This boy of mine is so strong... I am so PROUD of him... SO PROUD!! He is doing well considering the poisoning of his entire body!! This is one time in my life where I would love to speed through several months for him!!
Love and hugs to all....