Saturday, February 11, 2012

THE STORY. . .

It all started back in November when Koser jewelers were set up in the hospital selling items and donating part of the proceeds to the hospital. One of my trips down to cafe I saw something shining... and like a monkey, I had to go check it out.... it was a trans or something. HA OOoooOOOOOoooo, SHIIIINNNYYYYyyy!!!!! I bought something for Patrick and I saw this very pretty ring that I thought Addy would like. I told Jimmy about it when I got back upstairs and he went down with me to check it out. Turns out- HA - I didn't remember the price of it or didn't look or something ... because that ring was over $800.00!! HAaaa... for a Christmas gift... wow!! He laughed because he was NEVER going to buy a ring for a girl, because they "get the wrong impression" and he wasn't ready for that!! So, we spoke to the ladies there and he showed them a picture of the one he was interested in... was pink hearts with diamonds. She said that she would bring it the next day, but they would be at the campus on Harrisburg Pike. Sooo... in the morning I ran over to the campus, they allowed me to take 2 rings with me that the had brought for him to look at- I took them over to LGH to show him. He didn't really like either one. Soooo... back to the campus I went. She then made a call and the company texted her a pic of a ring from their store in Mt. Joy. I went back to Jimmy and spent the remainder of the day. I have the Koser Jewelers pamphlet in hand as I wanted to be sure he got the one that he wanted for her- even though- 'he will never buy a ring for a girl'- because this is a big deal. Patrick and I RACE up to their store before they close- the pamphlet said 8pm. We get there to a locked up tight jewelry store.... my face pressed up against the glass doors... "Oh preeeetttyyyyy riiinnng, where arrrre yooouuu?" Grrrr... the door says they were closed at 6pm... WEIRD!!
I let Jimmy know and he had already been checking out rings on the Internet with his phone. he found 2 that he liked. In the morning when I was back in LGH with him, we looked at the rings- did some comparing and agreed on one. It was very pretty- she is going to FREAk when she gets this pink sapphire hearts and diamond ring!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
She LOVED the ring Christmas morning.
Now, my son has dipped his toe into the pool of "holy crap- I did it"... the boy starts looking at jewelry . . . THE REAL RING... ha. He tells me that he wants to talk to me about 'something'. I don't know if he thought I would run out of the room screaming and say NOOOoooo or what?! But, hey, if she makes him happy and gives him another reason to stick around- I am all for it!!!
Soooo... when he gets out of the hospital we go looking for THE RING, after all they are on sale this time of year. (December) We saw a BEAUTIFUL selection of rings that day- but this one ring just stood out waaayyy above and beyond any other... I said 'yep, that's the one'!! While we were there- we figured it would be best to go ahead and get the band to go with it..., it may not be there later and they were perfect together!! I put the rings in my room in a drawer where she would never see them. He was unsure when he was actually going to propose. It would be awhile maybe. Well, ya all remember that I got him the eagle watching getaway weekend for two right? He said "I think I'm going to do it on the trip"... well, duh... I kinda knew that! BUT HOW??!! I asked where he was going to hide the ring box... because he couldn't put it in the suitcase after Addy was done packing it- she would be UNpacking it and would see it. Sooo the night before they would be departing, Addy was packing up the car so she wouldn't have so much for morning. We were texting (I was upstairs) back and forth about how to do this. He decided to put it in his back pack - way low so that she would have to literally take everything out to see it. I agreed that was a good plan- he informed me when she was going out to car by a text saying "NOW NOW NOW"!!! haha... I run (yes, I ran) back the hall to my room and was nervously looking in the bag... pulled out the wrong dang one.... grrrr... closed that lid and opened the other one - (seriously Marie, what else would be in the other one?!) - anyhow... I closed it up and ran (yes, again - I ran) down the steps into his room, grabbed the backpack, and opened the one compartment he was wanting it in, and shoved that sucker way to the bottom. Gave him a smile and ran (don't know why I am still running) back up the steps. Patrick had NO idea what the heck was going on- he gave me a weird look and then I explained what just happened - (after I caught my breath- LOL)
The Story...
He had no idea when he was going to do 'this thing'. He carried the ring with him for the right time. It was Saturday night and they went out for something to eat. This sneaky boy had flowers delivered to the room while they were out. OMG- the Flowers... were...BEAUTIFUL!! WORTHY of what was about to happen in front of them!! They got back to the room and Jimmy had Addy go through the door first. By the time Addy saw the flowers and turned around Jimmy was on one knee and asked her to marry him. During which Addy kept saying in shock .. "shut up... shut up" haha Well, of course she said yes and I got a text to let me know that the "deed was done". Of course, this post is quite blurry for me from time to time!! ha... stupid woman feelings!! BLAHhhh
Ok, now you all know the story- Jimmy was so afraid that it would be embarrassing for him to put it out there- so all of you 'guy friends' you will have to answer to Momma Dukes if you tease me boy!! AND all of you that KNOW Momma Dukes, don't want to go 'rounds with me!! :P
The biggest part of this for me was when Jimmy told me that he would want NO OTHER to do this with > meaning, helping him shop for the ring... that meant sooo much to me!! OH MAN, I love that boy!!
love and hugs to all.....