Sunday, January 22, 2012

day after

He got unhooked from his 46 hour 5FU. Now these next few days he will begin to become himself again. I am thankful for how well he does do with the chemo, I know that it could be sooo much worse, but I still don't like it!!
He goes to LCC every other week for the 5-8 hour treatment there and then gets hooked up to the 46hr continuous drip 5FU. Now they are looking to add the next step... this will take him to LCC every week. I will call into LCC tomorrow to see where we are with this drug. Whether the insurance has approved it yet or not. PLEASE God- let it happen!!
Yesterday it snowed here and Jimmy and his great friend Ryan (also known as Wookie- sorry, Ryan... haha) went out in his truck to a local state game lands. It was great to hear that he was getting out. When I got home from work his butt was dragging though. At this point he had other guests as well, his friend Jeff and his brother sat with Jimmy and Ryan and played those dang ole games... they went and picked up a special play station. They were excited- they found a system with both Nintendo AND Sega on it. :P
Now today he and Addy hang out all day. VNA came this morning and changed his dilaudid, pain med. I hope that he is having a terrific day- I hate the distance there is between us since I started back to work. I used to be right there each day, each appointment, each procedure, etc, etc... now with being back to work I feel I am out of the loop more than I wish to be. I feel like I don't see him in forever and it was only a day- but man... phew, it seems lots longer!!
I am thankful for the time I was able to spend with him in the beginning - and it's all thanks to the WONDERFUL people at Garden Spot Village, my place of employment for almost 14yrs. I ran out of paid time off in October, but because of these great people here at GSV I was able to spend that time to get Jimmy on track to better health. I will NEVER be able to thank them for their gift of time... they gave me time. By this I mean that they gave me some of their paid time off hours. Vacation time that they worked hard to accrue. WOW It's just so hard to believe that there are people out there like this when all you see in the news is hatred and such. I love them all!! AND will NEVER forget their generosity!! Also, my WONDERFUL residents here have donated money and items for the auction. We have just been blessed with sooo many people around us that care so much. It is hard for me to take help, it always has been, so can you just imagine how hard it was for me to accept all of this generosity from so many different avenues- my goodness. Fundraisers so far... it all got started off with Joe's Famous Wings and Weiners in Leola, pa... Ryan and Vicki (owners and good friends) opened on a day that they are usually closed and all profits went to Jimmy, benefit dinner with a DJ at fire hall, Theo Pizza sales, bus trip to NYC, Pizza Hut coupon, sub sale, pretzel sale, cookbook sale, 31 (pocket book) party, teddy bear sale and auction. I sure hope that I didn't forget anyone!! Coming up (in early stages) - spaghetti dinner, a concert, another pizza sale & possible golf tournament. THANK YOU ALL