Friday, January 13, 2012

My Boy's Birthday

Well, 27 years ago today I was giving birth to a very special son... James Duane...9lb5oz and nearly 2 ft long... and he was my easiest birth- little did I know that we would be traveling down this road together and getting closer than I ever thought possible. I have just recently gone back to work, which was VERY hard for me to do as I have spent nearly every day all day with Jimmy since September. My life for those months was JIMMY and only Jimmy. I was there with him through some VERY hard times... ones that a mother would NEVER want to go through with a child!! We have always been a close family, but WOW!!
I look back on Jimmy's childhood and I have A LOT of great memories with him. I spent a little time as a single mom raising two boys, it was scary for a moment. I made sure that my boys KNEW I loved them... I was the type of mom that would get up at whatever time of DREADFUL morning to make the cookies that one of the kids promised the teacher, but forgot to tell me the night before!! Weird, but that has happened MORE than once to me. Jimmy was a cuddler- he would sit beside me while we watched TV or while I worked on the special blanket that each child received from me, and just rub my arm or twirl my hair while David, his older brother sat on the other side just holding my arm. They always made sure to stay close while we were inside the home. I look back on this all now in awe- such a young mom- things could have been HORRIBLY different. When I see young moms that blame their kids for the way their lives are turning out, I just want to smack the shit out of them... pardon the French! I do not know where I would be had it not been for my kids, they have kept me grounded and on the straight and narrow. I love all four of my children and would go through hell and back for ANY of them. Ok, some of Jimmy's past- once while trying to put the chain back on his bike he got his finger stuck between sprocket and chain- David came running in the house screaming... we went out to see Jimmy sitting there, not crying, but just waiting for us to rescue him... Well, we had to pedal that finger the rest of the way out... he went to ER, got stitched and bandaged up, came back home and got back on that dang bike. He was out back doing the 'ramps' that they had set up earlier. Later on we got a call from the Dr. saying that Jimmy can't ride his bike for awhile because his finger was broken.... haha... oops!! He was taken back to Dr. to get a splint. That is a very prevalent memory for me. I could go on ALL day about growing up with Jimmy... but alas I have to go to work. BIG BIG BIRTHDAY WISHES TO MY BOY!!!! I LOVE YOU TO MY DEEPEST DEPTHS!!! HEART AND SOUL!!! :)

(Originally posted by Marie Crawford, obviously :-P)