Monday, January 30, 2012

weekend getaway

Well, I will try to sum up a few key notes of Jimmy's weekend in hopes that he will feel good enough and be able to come on later and fill in the gaps.
They left Friday late morning after VNA (visiting nurse association) came to redo his pain med injection site. This consists of removing all of the dressing that the needle is buried under- and reinserting another subcutaneous in another spot not too far from the prior location. He has to go through this every three days.
Addy had all of the items packed that they would possibly need. They packed 2 stoma bag changes, all of his meds, clothes, pillows for his comfort & a few items for snacking and the were on their way. The car ride went surprisingly well. They were very excited that the room was big, they had a great view and as I had said in a prior blog.... a heat lamp in bathroom!!
They had to change his stoma bag almost right away. They ended up using both bags- which is very strange to have to change a bag a day- thank God they packed 2... Addy was kind of wishing she would have grabbed another. I have to give Addy her props, and I do this in person as well, she is taking good care of my boy.
Well, they did get so see some eagles... I'm hoping they saw enough!! I also hope that Jimmy will post how the engagement happened.... what a slick trick he did!! If not, Lord knows I WILL- haha AND I guess you all know where we will be headed when the time comes for the wedding cake?!?!... yep, you guessed it... OREGON DAIRY BAKERY- I know that they will do one heck of a job on the cake!!!!
Well, I have to be getting ready for work- I hope everyone reading this (and also ones that don't) have a TERRIFIC day and to stay safe!

Love and hugs to all