Monday, January 16, 2012

Birthday Weekend

On Friday night, we had a wonderful family dinner. David had to come late due to being called out for an emergency with his job. Don't worry, I fed them when they got here! We had meatloaf patties, mashed potatoes, buttered noodles and crab cake sliders. Jimmy was most excited about the crab cake sliders... we got this new little cooking gadget, soon to be our favorite, I think, that makes 5 sliders at a time... oh yeaaaa... you have to get one of these things people!! I think that he and Addy could live the rest of their lives with just the Foreman Grill and the slider maker!!! ok, now that I have the 'plug' in for the kitchen gadgets, on to the cake!! I had ordered 2 cakes from Oregon Dairy. Our family dinner cake was strawberry swirl with raspberry filling topped with whipped icing and decorated like no other!!! OMG!! What a beautiful job they did on this cake.... I could NOT WAIT to see what Saturday's cake would look like!!! This cake was so moist and PERFECTLY decorated... PERFECTLY!! We wound down the evening with gift giving, etc... normal birthday stuff.
Saturday morning our relatives from Huntingdon County came early to spend time with Jimmy before other guests arrived. I was busy chopping veggies and meat & cheeses for the varies trays we made. Was quite a busy time... *phew* But we got it all together in time... just in time!! lol.... for this day we had smoked salmon with crackers, vegetable platter, meat and cheese platter and a friend of the family (Pam Interdonato) brought a wonderful corned beef dish- we had plenty of food!! Welllll... time to unveil the Saturday cake.... OOOOMMMGGGG!!! It was MORE than what I had hoped for. When I went to order the cakes, I spoke with the senior decorator and explained what I wanted and I didn't care what the cost was... well, this woman and her co-workers did the MOST IMPRESSIVE cake I have ever seen!!! It was a 3D of the picture of Jimmy at the end of the trail. (Check back later to see pics of these masterpieces!!) I don't know HOW to EVER thank Oregon Dairy Bakery for such a beautiful cake... the time it took them HAD TO BE crazy!! oh... I forgot to mention... THEY DONATED IT!! WWHHHhhaaaaaaaT????? I was shocked- amazed - dumbfounded - I mean, wow... holy CRAP... really??!! Soooo... we will be making a special trip to see Cathy at Oregon Dairy. PLEASE people... if you live close enough and you want to experience a wonderful creation, as well as TASTY, give Cathy a call at Oregon Dairy!! 717-656-2856 REALLY!!
We had a great time visiting with Jimmy's family and friends- had a fire going in the fire pit (wood from Dave- Addy's dad), playing pool, watching the game and looking at old pictures of Jimmy. It was an exhausting day for Jimmy... by 6PM he was pretty much shot, but he enjoyed everyone being here. Brianna (a good friend of Jimmy's) collected MANY MANY cards from people for Jimmy to open. What a terrific person she is. It was just awesome to watch him with all of his friends throughout the day! What a great son I have raised... I guess all of those beatings DID help!! ha I remember when he came home from school once and told me that I wasn't allowed to smack him anymore, because he would call the cops. I laughed and said "Boy, go ahead, when I get out I will beat you harder!!" Last time I heard that from him. He was ALWAYS the one to push my buttons- so much more that the other 3. MAN, did this boy know how to piss me off!! LOL- he knew when he got punished he deserved it though. So, yes, Mr. Hardin.. he has always been the same and still continues to be- he's got one thick skull and is stubborn as hell- where does he get that??!!?? HHhmmmmm... I don't know!!! HAHAHA He WILL continue holding up that middle finger and he WILL beat the ass of this thing called cancer!! THAT'S MY BOY!!!! :) Love you James!!