Thursday, March 29, 2012

Another restful night at LGH

Well, folks... I haven't posted for awhile- so, I figured what better time?! than to tell you about another night. I sit and talk to Jimmy about it in the morning and we just shake our heads....
Benedryl at 9:30pm for Jimmy, I told the nurse that he was going to share tonight- but she didn't fall for it. dangit!! ha... Patrick and I watched some TV- well, he watched through cracks in his eyelids most of the time. Patrick left around 10:00. I watched this crazy man vs food for awhile... man, this guy is nuts. He ate an ENTIRE grilled cheese sandwich that was 5lbs- it had 14 different cheeses in it! GUT BUSTER! It came with fries, coleslaw and pickles... this dude downed it all. I felt bloated JUST WATCHING IT!! That's enough time spent watching a man gorge himself... blech.
Laid down around 11. Jimmy woke up to pee at 11:22- I got up and got him his urinal. Removed myself until he was done and then placed urinal in bathroom- I'm not allowed to empty it because they have to measure everything in and out. Benedryl again at 11:45- back down to sleep at 12:00. Aide came in for vitals at 12:30... REALLY?! We couldn't do this 1/2 hour ago when someone was already in here with him. We HAD to wait until he was sleeping to come in?! Back to sleep. 1:40 awakened by beeep...beeep. Was pain med- I had looked at that before bedtime- it LOOKED like enough, grrr. dang-it Marie, how could I miss that judgement?! Sat vigil by his bed pushing the silence button.... it took 20 minutes for it to go off the second time, and then EVERY MINUTE until they got here at 2:15. I let them know that it was warning that there was air in the line as to avoid the annoyance that happened last time. They were very quick and quiet. I love most of the IV team... a favorite of ours is Wayne. They were out the door by 2:18. Then at 2:28, the same nurse that came in at 12:30 to take vitals, came in to HANG A PAPER ON THE WALL.... REALLY?! Was that paper THAT important that it couldn't wait til 7am?! *&$#@#*&
Back to sleep- - - - - - -
5:48 in to draw labs to see if chemo will be a possibility today. Back to sleep...
7:40 beeep...beeeep. His TPN is finished. I silenced it and called nurse. Sat and silenced until they got here to unhook it... it's very hard for me to not take over sometimes when we have to wait- Addy & I do most of this stuff at home....
Well, Jimmy got up and brushed his teeth and said "I guess we will walk". We got 2 rounds in (in my PJs) and then back to room. We are still waiting to hear whether he can have chemo today or not. I really hope so...... I really hope so......