Friday, March 2, 2012

today he gets unhooked

Well, today he gets unhooked from his 5FU. He will not have any added poison running through veins now until March 15th. YAY!! I sure pray to God that these 2 weeks prove to be pleasant for him. He needs this break.
Wednesday when we were leaving the cancer center it was raining and damp. yucky. I asked Jimmy if he was able to open the door, because the nueropathy was bad already, he said yes... WRONG! That 'bit' him!! I rushed over to finish opening it and got his butt seated safely inside.
When we got home from, the nurse to hook him up to 5FU was here waiting when we pulled into home. I grabbed all of the stuff to carry into house... 2 drinks, Jimmy's backpack, computer bag, lunch from McD's, my purse & thermos that housed Jimmy's meds for the day. (A LOT, HUH!?) I was in garage and noticed that Jimmy wasn't right behind me- I turned to see him still in the car. He was gasping for breath... OMG- I dropped everything and ran into house for a benedryl. By the time I got the pill and drink he met me at the door- we got him into his room and sat him on the bed- he was still gasping for breath. It sounds awful... and is so scary!! We turned his heat up a bit and it started to release- OH MAN... phew. I want to talk to Dr. DeGreen about just keeping that extra benedryl push after each treatment. Holy Cow!!
Anyhow, the nurse came in and got things going-
after she left Jimmy settled in for a reiki. He was OUT like a light!! I checked on him several times throughout the night and he was so sound asleep- a nice relaxing peaceful sleep. It wasn't until after 10pm that he awoke- He said that he felt really good- surprisingly good... thank you reiki!! :) I love that I can do that for him!! It made MY HEART SMILE!!
Ok- so, like I started out saying... let's pray that these 2 weeks are a welcome break for this boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Love and hugs to all.....