Friday, March 9, 2012

Yesterday

I GOT TO SPEND THE WHOLE DAY WITH JIMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!!!! This has been one of the best days for me in a LOOOOoooooong time!!!! I let him sleep awhile in the morning- one reason is because I was on the phone with Directv- anyone else having trouble with these jokers?! i just had the DVR box replaced a few days ago and now again no signal?! WHAT am I paying 82.00 a month for?!!!??!!! AAANNNYYHOW... I got an finished with these jokers and got Jimmy's shots ready along with oral meds. After administering all meds, he said that he feels weaker every day. I told him that lying there in that bed and doing nothing is the main reason- the chemo will kick your ass, but if he doesn't get up a little every day - the muscles will go away, he will get weaker. SOoooo we walked outside and got some fresh air. Jimmy had a misstep and started going down... what does a momma do?- she grabs for him around the waist (I was behind him) and I think I saved his knees, but bruised his ribs...man :( He IS very weak... we will stay on him to get him on his feet more to begin the build up, we don't want him losing everything!! We were up and about for about 10-15 minutes. We sat out on the patio for a little when we finished walking around the house. He then came in and we put him in the recliner for a nap. He slept for a couple of hours and then it was time to rise and shoot (I know- usually rise and shine)... I gave him his afternoon subcutaneous sandastatin and we were getting ready for a trip to pier one imports... what a great store. We got 2 shelves for his room, trying to organize a bit. I love the shelves he picked out. That boy has good taste! Well, we got home and put the shelves together. Then he and Addy went back out for some other items and another shelf for her side of the room. After all, she needs organization too- she lives here basically. We have to make it feel like home all around.
Love and hugs to all.....